• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Atlanta Repticon

Mr. P

3 Year Member
The Atlanta Repticon will be April 14-15 and I am going to go check it out. This will be my first so I am curious what they will have there.

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
The Atlanta Repticon will be April 14-15 and I am going to go check it out. This will be my first so I am curious what they will have there.
From what I can discern on the vendor's list there are only two people selling tarantulas, Pincher's and Pokies, The Little T Haus, and one more vendor from Texas that has tarantulas but does not specialize in them.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I just got back from Repticon Atlanta and I must say there were a lot more T's there then I expected. Granted, most of the vendors were about snakes but there was probably about two dozen vendors offering T's with some pretty good pricing. There were three or four vendors that sold only T's but their pricing was much higher compared to the others that offered a little of everything.
I saw a female T. Blondi seven inches for $100 and thought man that's a good price.
I have a two day ticket so I may go back tomorrow.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just got back from Repticon Atlanta and I must say there were a lot more T's there then I expected. Granted, most of the vendors were about snakes but there was probably about two dozen vendors offering T's with some pretty good pricing. There were three or four vendors that sold only T's but their pricing was much higher compared to the others that offered a little of everything.
I saw a female T. Blondi seven inches for $100 and thought man that's a good price.
I have a two day ticket so I may go back tomorrow.
I wish that would occur when I am in Georgia, it always seems to take place a week or two before or after I visit the state.

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
I was there as well. I couldn't believe how crowded it was so I probably missed some things. I was disappointed in the one vendor who didnt have any substrate in with their tarantulas so I didn't even stop to see what they had. I had my wish list and promised I wasn't going to purchase anything that was not on the list. I only found one thing on my list, Euathlus sp red, the rest were impulse purchases, B. emilia, B. klaasi, and B. boehmei.

Mr. P

3 Year Member
I was one of the first ones in at 9am so I made the initial round pretty easy. One vendor had a gorgeous female P. Muticus about 6" but they wanted $300.
Another vendor at the far end of the building, Pinchers and Pokies, had a pretty good selection of slings.

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
I was one of the first ones in at 9am so I made the initial round pretty easy. One vendor had a gorgeous female P. Muticus about 6" but they wanted $300.
Another vendor at the far end of the building, Pinchers and Pokies, had a pretty good selection of slings.
I got the B. klaasi from Pinchers and Pokies but all the rest came from The Little T Haus, I liked them and they had a nice selection.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Mr. P You have to go back tomorrow, it's not allowed to go without buying something :rolleyes::D

@Aviculture1 Congrats on the new Ts. You need loads of patience with the E. sp red they grow sooooo slowly :)

Mr. P

3 Year Member
Another Atlanta Repticon coming this weekend, July 28 &29. Will be heading out there early to see what Pinchers and Pokies have to offer this time. They are usually one of the larger tarantula vendors there.

Latest posts