• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

At what size does the triangle appear on a T.strimi

JordG

My T. Strimi molted the other night and I'm would love to know the gender. It's now around 3.5-4" what size does the triangle appear between the two book lungs? I've snapped a few pictures of it's molt and theirs no triangle there but not sure if it would be visible at that size

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-014046_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-014046_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21

Tnoob

My T. Strimi molted the other night and I'm would love to know the gender. It's now around 3.5-4" what size does the triangle appear between the two book lungs? I've snapped a few pictures of it's molt and theirs no triangle there but not sure if it would be visible at that size
Soak the molt for 15 minutes with warm water and Dawn dish soap. Unfold the abdomin, and take a small piece of paper safety pin or needle. Now, between the anterior book lungs there should be a slit. If the slit has a "pocket" on the inside then you have an epigastric furrow. Congratulations, it's a girl. 3.5" should be damn close to pubescent. Now would be the time to check gender.

JordG

Soak the molt for 15 minutes with warm water and Dawn dish soap. Unfold the abdomin, and take a small piece of paper safety pin or needle. Now, between the anterior book lungs there should be a slit. If the slit has a "pocket" on the inside then you have an epigastric furrow. Congratulations, it's a girl. 3.5" should be damn close to pubescent. Now would be the time to check gender.

Unfortunately I don't have the molt anymore, but I did manage to take a snap of the molt. I've had a gander online and it looks male to me, can you confirm with this picture? Thanks:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-023015_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-023015_Gallery.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20190504-030005_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190504-030005_Gallery.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

JordG

Thanks for the link I will check it out. I've had it for about 6months now was a tiny 1"sling.
I know that a male strimi has this black triangle between the two book lungs but I'm not sure if it will show on a strimi this young

Latest posts