• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

At what age do Lasiodora's change color?

InternetSwag

3 Year Member
aRMl7fD.jpg

This is my Lasiodora Klugi, I got it at 0.5cm. It was the smallest sling I've ever received. It just turned one year old.

wfY9YTL.jpg

This was my L. Klugi when I got it. It was brown until its recent molt. It turned really, really dark and black during this molt and once it molted it was blue black, then went fully black.

However, isn't that too early to be getting adult colors?

My L. Parahybana, who is much bigger, is still brown. Is that normal or no?

EyXA3Yw.jpg

He was 2.5cm when I got him, 11 months ago.

testdasi

This is my Lasiodora Klugi, I got it at 0.5cm. It was the smallest sling I've ever received. It just turned one year old.
This was my L. Klugi when I got it. It was brown until its recent molt. It turned really, really dark and black during this molt and once it molted it was blue black, then went fully black.
Age is just a number for tarantulas. When a T starts to show colour is usually determined by size.

Nods0103

aRMl7fD.jpg

wfY9YTL.jpg

EyXA3Yw.jpg

I know this thread is a bit older, I'm just curious as to what size your L. Klugi was in this first pic? Mine is about 2.5 inches (6 cm) now and I'm very curious (and excited) for it to start showing that adult colours.

Latest posts