• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Asbolus verrucosus feeding question

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Would there be any harm to my beetles in feeding these guys the molts of my tarantulas?

Tarantulafeets

I don't think that it would be of much nutritional value, and if it's a NW, idk what the u-hairs might do to them. I would just stick to what you normally feed them.

MBullock

3 Year Member
No harm, hairs only bother mammals and reptiles or birds. They can eat just about anything.

Their natural diet is mostly dung and fallen seeds/petals from paloverde and creosote bush, and carrion.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
I found some sample packets of dried foods for bearded dragons that contains meal worms, various dried veggies and seeds, and bits and pieces. They've been devouring it like crazy. I ended up chucking in any dead crickets from the cricket keepers and they happily chomp them down. I figured the old molts can just be tossed. These little guys are already being spoiled with choice.

MBullock

3 Year Member
I found some sample packets of dried foods for bearded dragons that contains meal worms, various dried veggies and seeds, and bits and pieces. They've been devouring it like crazy. I ended up chucking in any dead crickets from the cricket keepers and they happily chomp them down. I figured the old molts can just be tossed. These little guys are already being spoiled with choice.
they do need occasional electrolytes for optimum health, which is why they enjoy eating scorpion and lizard poop so much- high concentrations of uric acid.

Latest posts