1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

As an artist...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Rotten Apricots, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Rotten Apricots

Rotten Apricots New Member

As an artist I really want to start illustrating my tarantulas but I have absolutely no clue on how to go about it. It seems theres no tutorials on how to draw them and none of my artist friends like tarantulas... I'm going in at it alone.
    Casey K. and WolfSpider like this.
  2. Metalman2004

Metalman2004 Active Member

Sounds like a good opportunity for some trial and error so you can prosuce your own tutorials for others! I myself have zero artistic ability so I can't be of any help...
  3. Tgotty90

Tgotty90 Well-Known Member

What kind of art are you wanting to do? Are you going off observation or just wanting to be able to draw a tarantula? I went to c.c.a.d(columbus college of art and design) as a child and was accepted to the art institute of Pittsburgh after I graduated high school, though I did NOT pursue a career in arts, I did learn a lot growing up.
    This is actually something I've wanted to do myself, just never can find the time to bust out the old sketch pad any more.