• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arizona Blonde tarantula living in my garage

Harleyraine

I live in Arizona and around 2 weeks ago I saw an Arizona blonde tarantula in my garage, although I don’t see them often I really thought nothing of it. I know they are harmless and find it really interesting when I have the rare opportunity to watch them. To my surprise I saw him the next day, and have seen him every day since. My garage is broken and therefore doesn’t close all the way so he is definitely not stuck. I was just wondering if anybody knows why he would choose to stay around for so long? He is extremely active and I have seen him in many different places around the garage so I know he is exploring. If anybody has any information as to why he chooses to stay I would love to know! Also I do think that this is a male but if I am wrong please let me know because I am not a professional but it looks more reddish in color. Thanks!

Attachments

• D6E21E1F-E175-48A2-A1EA-FF8214369DB4.jpeg
    D6E21E1F-E175-48A2-A1EA-FF8214369DB4.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 53

Harleyraine

Yeah, he's definitely an adult male! He's active because he's looking for chicks. He probably just hasn't found his way out yet. If you put him outside in an area where there might be a lady's burrow, he would be grateful.

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the great pic!
Thank you so much for the reply! I read up on male tarantulas and learned that if you capture them they will walk in circles in the tank looking for a mate until they die from exhaustion. As soon as I read that I was worried that he was aimlessly looking for a female in my garage and would maybe just give up one day. I really don’t want that to happen because he will not find a female in my garage lol so thanks for the advice!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you so much for the reply! I read up on male tarantulas and learned that if you capture them they will walk in circles in the tank looking for a mate until they die from exhaustion. As soon as I read that I was worried that he was aimlessly looking for a female in my garage and would maybe just give up one day. I really don’t want that to happen because he will not find a female in my garage lol so thanks for the advice!
he is a mature male for sure so the activity you are seeing is typical for a mature male as he is basically scouting for girls. if your garage is open, hopefully he will work out he needs to travel abit further in search for a mate! Maybe evict him one night to give him some encouragement but I reckon he should work it out for himself and you will notice one day that he has packed up and left. :)

Latest posts