• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arizona blonde for beginners?

shatteredpast7

Im looking to get my very first tarantula and I was wondering if an Arizona Blonde a good species to start with? Also im open to any other recommendations there might be.

Coradams

They are hardy, easy to care for and tend to hang out in the open more than some of my other ts but be aware that there temperament can vary from individual to individual. Mine is definitely not chill!
My first t was a B. hamorii. She is beautiful, generally calm, and usually out in the open. I would recommend checking out the Brachypelmas.

shatteredpast7

They are hardy, easy to care for and tend to hang out in the open more than some of my other ts but be aware that there temperament can vary from individual to individual. Mine is definitely not chill!
My first t was a B. hamorii. She is beautiful, generally calm, and usually out in the open. I would recommend checking out the Brachypelmas.
Thank you, B. Hamorii is on my list of considerations, they are so beautiful and I hear great things. I am between that, az blonde, or pink zebra beauty. As you can imagine, some of these are difficult to find right now.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
My Arizona blonde is my most laid back T :) So gentle and beautiful, but yes individuals will vary. I would also like to add Tliltocatl albopilosus (Curly Hair) as a suggestion, also known for being a good beginner species. Not as colourful as a B. Hamorii but they get really fluffy and cute :) They also seem to be on sale a lot in a range of sizes, and quite cheap (at least where I am, UK).

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The Arizona blond is an excellent first T, they are hardy little critter that are also quite inexpensive.
I think it is an excellent choice for you to get started and fear not, you will also, soon enough, get the harmorii and many many other Ts as this is a very addictive hobby and people usually do not have only one :)
My son approves of your first choice ;)
Cheers.
06795359-D5AF-4164-8D99-145E0BE76630.jpg

shatteredpast7

My Arizona blonde is my most laid back T :) So gentle and beautiful, but yes individuals will vary. I would also like to add Tliltocatl albopilosus (Curly Hair) as a suggestion, also known for being a good beginner species. Not as colourful as a B. Hamorii but they get really fluffy and cute :) They also seem to be on sale a lot in a range of sizes, and quite cheap (at least where I am, UK).
Az blonde or curly hair

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
I would also like to add Tliltocatl albopilosus (Curly Hair) as a suggestion, also known for being a good beginner species. Not as colourful as a B. Hamorii but they get really fluffy and cute :) They also seem to be on sale a lot in a range of sizes, and quite cheap (at least where I am, UK).
Yes, so fuzzy and cute !

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My A chalcodes remained burrowed for a very long time, and still tends to do so being quite the builder favoring subterranean projects

That dot at the bottom is it's premolt butt
16128348418641731825833649738323.jpg

Latest posts