• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Arizona Blonde - Aphonopelma chalcodes

loganloves

Have been looking for an Arizona Blonde for the longest time. Most of the online sites that I stumble upon are consistently sold out. If anyone has any slings/juveniles that they are trying to get rid of please please please let me know! If you are close to central Ohio I can travel for pick up or can pay whatever it takes for shipping. Thank you in advance for your time!

loganloves

I will be waiting! If you DM me I can give you some better contact info for myself, I sure don't want to miss out on them! I'm very surprised to hear someone has an egg sack, I've heard from a lot of people that breeding the Arizona Blondes can be a nightmare :p

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heres the Mom to be...shes full of eggs.
20181223_115849.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great pic @Arachnoclown. Please educate me--how can I, a non-breeder, tell that she is gravid?
I actually candled her to see the eggs. I dont think theres a accurate way to just look and say one is gravid. She is however more "round" in the abdomen then normal. She also didnt eat too much to get that big either.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great photo, very interesting you can candle her, my one is huge too, WC... she’s gone off in a burrow now so I can’t help but wonder she was gravid too when I got her.
Mine was wild caught too...when she was a juvenile. Candling is easy when shes up against the glass.;)

Latest posts