• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are OBT Good?

Pawandinverts

3 Year Member
This is so embarrassing don't laugh at me but I have been keeping tarantulas for 9 years and breeding them but never bought a OBT. I never kept one or I never breed any. I just had no interest in buying one until now. Should I get one? Can someone post a Pic of yours? I want one now because I heard that they are cool Ts and I went to Jamies's Tarantulas site and she has one for $30.00 shipped. Should I buy it? Can I see some pics of yours? :)
Thanks,
Preston

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
OBT's are cool little guys. I have never kept one, but everyone I know who has had one has loved it. I know Bast has a young one, and Kenny has them. Keep in mind they are often called "Orange Bitey Things."

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they're great spiders, the make amazing webs, and are beautiful. way under-rated imo.
not exactly friendly though.
OBT001.jpg

Atx13

3 Year Member
Obts are awesome.. Fast, full of attitude, super colorful, pretty easy to care.. Not really a T to mess with tho.. Their bite is pretty nasty, just like most baboons.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love our little OBT, Chaos! She's been fairly laid back so far but she is FAST!! She had a really awesome web going on, but when I checked in on her last night she had torn it all down, and dug a small burrow along the side of the container. She's been very interesting so far, and she was also the first of the 3 to moult for us, so that was awesome too. This pic is right after she moulted (she went from about 1.25/1.5 to just over 2").
121.JPG

Tguy

3 Year Member
I love our little OBT, Chaos! She's been fairly laid back so far but she is FAST!! She had a really awesome web going on, but when I checked in on her last night she had torn it all down, and dug a small burrow along the side of the container. She's been very interesting so far, and she was also the first of the 3 to moult for us, so that was awesome too. This pic is right after she moulted (she went from about 1.25/1.5 to just over 2").View attachment 709
What a beauty !...very nice :)...you gotta get one paw why not treat yourself and get 2 :)

junglecage

3 Year Member
I'd go for it. They were my first old world and even though it was a crash course in old worlds they ended up being one of my favorite species. I can't own tarantulas without owning a few obts. Their a staple for me.