• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Oredhel

Hello everyone!
I want to begin with arboreal tarantulas and rn i can buy either an Avicularia aurantiaca or Heteroscodra maculata slings. I've found some info and videos about de H maculata but i have no idea about that Avicularia.
I'm a beginner so i'm not sure about gettin an OW but that species is quite beatiful is really that hard to keep?
If you have any advice or info to share that would be very helpful to me. Thank you all! =)

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello everyone!
I want to begin with arboreal tarantulas and rn i can buy either an Avicularia aurantiaca or Heteroscodra maculata slings. I've found some info and videos about de H maculata but i have no idea about that Avicularia.
I'm a beginner so i'm not sure about gettin an OW but that species is quite beatiful is really that hard to keep?
If you have any advice or info to share that would be very helpful to me. Thank you all! =)
That particular Avicularia species isn't as common but the basic Avicularia husbandry is the same for all species. The Heteroscodra maculata I would suggest waiting on that one if this is your first tarantula. It packs a serious bite and it's extremely fast. It's a bite serious enough to question yourself about why you have one. I speak from experience...lol.
20220119_152228.jpg

Oredhel

Here's a nice thread for Avicularias

Thread 'Avic project thread' https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/avic-project-thread.26276/
Thank you very much! I'll follow your advice about the H maculata. Isn't really my first T but since i own three slings from the past november rn every new T feels like my first, i don't have any experience. XD
I guess i'll go with an LP and the Aivcularia =)
PS: I have no idea why the Avicularia aurantiaca is available here (i'm from Argentina) and the more common Avicularia avicularia or Caribena versicolor aren't. But i'll give it a try, those are very beautiful species as well.

Latest posts