• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arachnoclown's tarantula room

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ive been asked alot about my enclosures I use and my room. So I thought I would start a thread on the enclosures I use and how to make some on your own. First I'll start out with my room and add different things every week.

Heres my room about a year ago...

Heres my room right now...

If you have any questions or want to see something, feel free to leave a comment.

Clown

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I want to see more of the stirmi enclosure!!
Heres a rehouse video from almost two years ago rehousing Hannibal my Male stirmi. I had him in a fish tank with no cross ventilation so I rehoused him in a exoterra. The exoterra has worked great for this mud puppy. ;)

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
That's a beautiful enclosure. I love Hannibal. I like the feisty ones. The way he shot out from that hide like "Raaahh!!" What I really liked is that you used an over sized container to cup him, which seemed to stress him out less imo. Trying to slip the lid under a container that is the same size as the t when you've got legs going everywhere, is a recipe for a trapped tarsus I'm stealing that idea for the future.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I really dig the translucent expo style containers for your juvies. Where did you buy them and what size?
48oz they come with ventilation already.
15759378863562035823282829194503.jpg

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This thread is to touch on cleaning glass for your enclosures. Many have said how hard and tedious this is but my method is fast and efficient while I'm feeding my beasts anyway.
20200411_112750.jpg

Step #1 I feed my spider...a feeding spider tends not to care what you are doing.

Step #2 Cover its burrow or hide with a heavy wet cloth. Dont forget if they have a back door exit cover that too. Use tongs when doing this...the spider may mistake you for a extra meal.
20200411_112955.jpg

Step #3 Spray down the poo with water...dont be stingy.
20200411_113110.jpg

Step #4 Scrape the poo with a razor blade or rubber scraper...a old credit card will work. Scrap everything down to the bottom and wipe up with a wet paper towel.
20200411_113142.jpg

Step #5 Wipe down glass with wet paper towel. You may need to use more water and another towel.
20200411_113234.jpg
20200411_113250.jpg

Step #6 After your glass is clean pick up any bolus or feeder remnants before removing the wet cloth. I highly recommend using tongs for this.
20200411_114007.jpg

That's it....takes me around 2-3 minutes per enclosure. I do plastic enclosures with a plastic scrapper or credit card.
20200411_114124.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts