• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arachnid Travel (Future Group Travel)

Austin S.

3 Year Member
I want to run an idea by everyone real quick.

I am a travel consultant, have been for years. Our company specializes in a multiple of things, one of which includes group travel. Each year we send dozens of groups to multiple destinations around the world, whether it be for astronomy, solar eclipses, etc.

I ran an idea at our corporate meeting today - Arachnid Travel.

Once or twice a year, the company would conduct a tour to a specific area for outdoor observation and study. Yes, arachnid hunting.
The tour would be 7 days.
-Malaysia, panama, Mexico, Guatemala , South America, Africa, USA, Etc. Anywhere.

The price would include round trip air, hotel stays, eating, transfers, insurance, etc.

These tours would be open to anyone, anywhere in the world.
If this is passed, would this be of any interest to my fellow hobbyists?
I for one would love the idea of traveling to La Fortuna, and spending 7 days with all expenses taken care of, to view Megaphobema mesomelas and their surrounding species, eye to eye.

Please comment below your thoughts and suggestions.
This will be presented to the board in a few weeks.

Thank you.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That sounds like a wonderful idea. If only I was a bit younger:rolleyes:

Thistles

3 Year Member
Maybe make it a little broader. Inverts or ecotourism instead of just arachnids? I don't know how much interest there would be in such a small community, but there are a lot of beetle geeks etc. to draw from.

Austin S.

3 Year Member
Good news.

The proposal has passed.
"Wild Tours" is a go.

Our first tour will be Costa Rica. La fortuna or Monteverde will more than likely be the location. Still undecided however.
March 2019
It will be 7 days and include an abundance of things, such as natural arachnid/insect/Reptile viewing and observation, localized Costa Rican Tours, meal plans, transfers, hotel stay, armed guides for expeditions (wildlife safely precaution measure), etc.
Just wait until you see which hotel we are using!

Again, these groups will be available for anyone, anywhere in the world. It is not just USA based.

A Facebook page will be made within the next few months, showing everything. It will also be incorporated on our main business page - www.spearstravel.com, once it becomes available.
I just wanted to thank everyone for your support in this. Let the hunting begin!

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome @Austin S. Count me in, especially with you, breeder extraordinaire, at the helm. Please keep us posted re. Price, timing etc. Brilliant idea. And.....if you only get 5-6 to go, that’s OK. The more intimate the better.

Austin S.

3 Year Member
In the next few weeks, the trip will be announced.
The priced itinerary, website, and full itinerary will be released.
I am just bumping this thread to give everyone a heads up.

These tours will be open world wide.
The air will NOT be included. However, we can book it for you.

The main hotel will not hold enough space for the group that will be on this. Many are already on the list.
So, the Hidden Canopy Hotel, will be taken out of the itinerary.

Here is a look at the first trip though.

March 7 - SAN JOSE
Arrival in San Jose where our driver will be waiting for the group to transport them to Hotel Wyndham Herradura; http://www.costaricabureau.com/hotels/herradura.htm conveniently located 10 minutes from the airport. Depending on the time of arrival tonight we can offer dinner with typical folkloric show at Ram Luna with an awesome view of the valley below; https://www.rainforesttours.com/store/p2/Dinner-Show_Tour.html (D)

March 8 – SAN JOSE / MONTEVERDE
AM meeting with Martin Lees in conference room. AM pick up. Expedition in Monteverde - lunch included. Led by Martin. Accommodations Hidden Canopy Tree House (B, L)

March 9 – MONTEVERDE
Rainforest/waterfall tour, wildlife (frogs, butterflies, invertebrates) – 6-8 hour tour. Overnite Hidden Canopy (B)

March 10 – MONTEVERDE
AM pick up. Expedition in Monteverde - lunch included. Led by Martin(B, L)

March 11 - MONTEVERDE
Optional tour (undecided) Tour which incorporates star gazing/astronomy (B)

March 12 – MONTEVERDE
AM pick up. Expedition in Monteverde - lunch included. Led by Martin. Farewell dinner this evening(B L D)

March 13 - MONTEVERDE / RETURN HOME
Morning breakfast in conference room then transfer to San Jose airport for return flight home (B)

Package includes:

Airport transfer
7 nights accommodations
All applicable hotel and tour taxes
6 days transportation with 27 pax bus and private driver
All meals where indicated (B) breakfast every day, (L) 3 lunches, (D) 2 dinners
Entrances to Monteverde Reserve
Tours indicated

Price does not include:

A) Airport departure tax ($29.00 U.S.)
B) personal expenses like liquor, laundry, phone calls, etc.
C) tips for drivers and/or guides
D) International airfare

Keep your eyes pealed! This will be a trip of a life time!!!

Latest posts