• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apple pie

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This past Thanksgiving, we had several pies, one of them being apple cinnamon. I've been putting a slice of sharp cheddar on the top, melted, so long, I don't recall who taught me to do it. I'm the only one in my immediate family that does.
Most folks look at me like I'm crazy. I do occasionally run into someone who, like me, won't eat apple pie without it.
I'm getting tired of telling stubborn, uneducated, pig headed imbeci... people that it's actually one of the greatest ideas ever thought of. Yet they insist ice cream is the way to go..and won't even try sharp cheddar melted on top.
Ice cream? Why are people so ridiculous? These are the people that are ruining civilized society. I'll stop there before I start ranting...I MEAN COME ON!
TRUMP 2016!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i've heard of apple pie and cheddar, never tried it myself though, i can't do dairy, some cheese i can eat, cheddar isn't one of them :(

I did find out this thanksgiving that pecan pie is amazing. I'd always thought wtf pie with nuts? no way! but damn it's good!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Seriously, home made rice pudding with Sultanas, that's the way forward lol

Or Raspberry jam. When I stayed school dinners we used to get rice pudding with rose hip syrup, lovely, but it was known as slop and beetles blood.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For me Jam wastes it lol Lemon Meringue pie though... Crazy good!

Ohh yes, delicious. I have a recipe for Sharp Lemon Pudding that is equally good, it has a similar flavour but it's topped with digestive biscuit crumb with cinnamon then topped with cream but no pastry.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my favorite since I was a wee lil lad has been peach pie. Grandma used to say "if you need something done, bake a peach pie, he'll come from miles away like magic and do whatever you want for a slice" lol I just happened to show up one afternoon there after school with nothing to do and she'd just pulled a fresh home made peach pie from the oven, and bribed me with helping out with chores to get a slice ;)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This past Thanksgiving, we had several pies, one of them being apple cinnamon. I've been putting a slice of sharp cheddar on the top, melted, so long, I don't recall who taught me to do it. I'm the only one in my immediate family that does.
Most folks look at me like I'm crazy. I do occasionally run into someone who, like me, won't eat apple pie without it.
I'm getting tired of telling stubborn, uneducated, pig headed imbeci... people that it's actually one of the greatest ideas ever thought of. Yet they insist ice cream is the way to go..and won't even try sharp cheddar melted on top.
Ice cream? Why are people so ridiculous? These are the people that are ruining civilized society. I'll stop there before I start ranting...I MEAN COME ON!
TRUMP 2016!

I've snacked on Apple's & cheddar...pretty good but my favorite is crisp red grapes and cheese.....LOVE IT!!!! :)

Latest posts