• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aphonopelma seemanni 4 months in seclusion

Douglas

Got my Aphonopelma seemanni a year ago. 4 months ago it it barracaded itself in the home I built. I had transfered it into its current home a month prior. Ate good, crickets and gutload. Then signs of molting. Then the baracade. I was patient and left it alone. I got anxious after a month but continued to leave it alone. After 2 months I was worried so I peeked and it wasnt happy but it had not molted. I'm real patient and happy it's alive so I leave it alone again. Now 4 months and I am worried so I peeked again. Alive, not happy I peeked and still not molted. Has anyone heard of this before, 4 months!

nedaK

Got my Aphonopelma seemanni a year ago. 4 months ago it it barracaded itself in the home I built. I had transfered it into its current home a month prior. Ate good, crickets and gutload. Then signs of molting. Then the baracade. I was patient and left it alone. I got anxious after a month but continued to leave it alone. After 2 months I was worried so I peeked and it wasnt happy but it had not molted. I'm real patient and happy it's alive so I leave it alone again. Now 4 months and I am worried so I peeked again. Alive, not happy I peeked and still not molted. Has anyone heard of this before, 4 months!
My rose hair took nearly a year of premolt before molting, your stripe knee most likely won’t take as long. All you can do is wait and fill it’s water dish.

Last edited:

Douglas

Attachments

• 0522191330.jpg
    0522191330.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33

Nunua

3 Year Member
Yes but it has baracaded itself in in its home. The opening is 100% closed
Even though the opening is sealed, it doesn't mean that the T never comes out ;) They're masters of repairing the web and dirt wall after taking a short stroll to get a drink in the middle of night when there is no disturbance.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hi @Douglas. I'm afraid I have nothing useful to add apart from what everyone has already said, you'll have to wait it out even though it is worrying for you.
I just wanted to ask what the plastic thing is in the enclosure. Is it some sort of fancy temperature guage?

Latest posts