• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aphonopelma moorei

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's a nice blue tarantula.

AphonopelmamooriaeAdultFemaleMendoza_e6951f5d232f64f76fde207ccad54ed9.jpg

No doubt that's why it's expensive.

I'd start by looking up all other caresheets for all others in the genus to see what variability exists then going from the average and seeing what happens.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
These are not established in the hobby. And to my knowledge have not been captive bred.

The reason they are not in the hobby is because they cannot be easily collected. Their natural habitat is home to some serious cartels. It is basically a no-fly zone.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
These are not established in the hobby. And to my knowledge have not been captive bred.

The reason they are not in the hobby is because they cannot be easily collected. Their natural habitat is home to some serious cartels. It is basically a no-fly zone.

Given the cartel’s expertise in importing illegal stuff I’m surprised it hasn’t come to their attention that they should be smuggling tarantulas along with their heroine.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Absolutely. There are only three things on the Sinaloa Cartel’s mind... drugs, money and murder.

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
View attachment 31114 View attachment 31115 Here’s some pics of the parents. He’s willing to give me a good deal if I buy more then one. What do you guys think? They are being imported.
Do they have any photos of offspring, or better yet, female with offspring?

What is the prices and where are they imported and being sold from?

I find it strange that these have magically appeared. I speak with people whos main focus is breeding and keeping North American sp. yet they tell me these are still unavailable in hobby.

Sharkee81

I’m gonna go for it and place an order. My guy is gonna guarantee the spider or my money back. It’s worth a shot to have such a beautiful T. Will keep you peeps updated on the outcome. He believes they are being imported from Mexico.

Tnoob

Fearnottarantulas has slings for sale. Quite a hefty spice tag. It's my understanding they are newly classified and introduced into the hobby. That's probably why they are so expensive.

Latest posts