• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone use the Exo Terra nano?

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Just curious if anyone uses the Exo Terra nano to house a T?

I need the measurement of the top screen lid so I can get some plexiglass glass cut.

If you use them can you measure the top screen for me?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use them for 2 of my Ts but have just left them with the screen tops. A 15.5cm square should just sit in the top over the screen. If you are taking the screen top out it would need to be an 18 cm square.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
I use them for 2 of my Ts but have just left them with the screen tops. A 15.5cm square should just sit in the top over the screen. If you are taking the screen top out it would need to be an 18 cm square.
Enn49 to the rescue!

I ordered 3 for the 3 little guys that I am getting next week.

I had to get something that looks nice or my supervisor wouldn't let me keep them in my office.

I just kept reading about covering the screen so they don't fall down and injure themselves.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If they are the little ones that you said you ordered then an ExoTerra Nano will be too big. 1/4"-1/2" I keep in a vial and at 3/4" a 3'' cube is ideal but I keep my little ones containers inside an ExoTerra for added security as I have cats that just love the crickets. To be honest you'd never find them in a Nano at that size. I've just moved my P. metallica into a Nano and it's 3'' now and I have a job finding it sometimes.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
If they are the little ones that you said you ordered then an ExoTerra Nano will be too big. 1/4"-1/2" I keep in a vial and at 3/4" a 3'' cube is ideal but I keep my little ones containers inside an ExoTerra for added security as I have cats that just love the crickets. To be honest you'd never find them in a Nano at that size. I've just moved my P. metallica into a Nano and it's 3'' now and I have a job finding it sometimes.

I was afraid of that, I didn't see the small plexi glass square tube things until after I ordered the nanos.

I can keep them in a smaller container inside them for a while.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's amazing how many Ts you can get in an ExoTerra. A Nano will hold 12 of those 3'' cubes. And below is a pic of my nursery ExoTerra, a 12'' cube, which contains 13 x 3'' cubes, 2 x 4'' cubes, 3 x 2'' dia pots and 10 x 1'' dia vials - that's 28 little Ts.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
There is a reptile show about 3 hours from me this weekend, ill probably go out there and see if I can buy any smaller enclosures before I order more

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
Just got home from the reptile show and picked up a Poecilotheria Regalis. I wanted more but my kids wanted something so I shared the wealth.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1434922955959.jpg

My new T.

JAYGEE

3 Year Member
uploadfromtaptalk1434978822794.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1434978842852.jpg

Here is the new guy from yesterday, he came out of his tube last night and went to hide behind one of her cork wood hides.

Latest posts