• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any x imamnis owners on here?

Jakub96

My juvenile is refusing to eat crickets or locust. Just wondering what other users feed this species with. Spider is about 5cm, got some mini mealworms in the post on way so hopefully she eats that... any suggestions would be helpful

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes...mine eats hissers only. Every thing else is too small for her. She won't even bother with tiny prey. Yours should be eating anything you drop in there at its current size. Unless it's in premolt. (4" Hissing ****roach in the video.)

Jakub96

Yes...mine eats hissers only. Every thing else is too small for her. She won't even bother with tiny prey. Yours should be eating anything you drop in there at its current size. Unless it's in premolt. (4" Hissing ****roach in the video.)
View attachment 65918
Beutiful t. Got some medium dubia roaches so ill try that tonight when i get in from work. thanks for your reply !

Jakub96

View attachment 65918
do you handle her? Heres a pic of mine

Attachments

• 20220504_153043.jpg
    20220504_153043.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5

Jakub96

Crush their heads so they thrash around. Otherwise dubias will sit motionless for days if they sense the spiders presence.
Yeah they do that or they burrow , only like em as they dont really die, they multiply. Unlike other live food

Some people handle them. But dont know what to think of that. They are rather quick

Used to have a giant female a geniculata, she was 8 and a quarter inch legspan, she was the friendliest spider i had

Jakub96

Shes maxed out at 9"...shes not having anyone touching her. Her fangs are well over 1" long. Not friendly.View attachment 65924
Shes a beauty. Guess the videos ive seen the specimen was more docile. Guess it depends on the individual just like with any other t. The juvenile i got seems not bothered by anything atm. Defo would not want to get bitten by one of em! Havent managed to find a bite report on the x. Immanis

How much did you pay for yours if i may ask?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Shes a beauty. Guess the videos ive seen the specimen was more docile. Guess it depends on the individual just like with any other t. The juvenile i got seems not bothered by anything atm. Defo would not want to get bitten by one of em! Havent managed to find a bite report on the x. Immanis

How much did you pay for yours if i may ask?
I purchased her after she laid a sack a few years ago for $500. Maybe a little high priced compared to now but back then they were rare in the hobby.

Jakub96

Thats pricey,
I purchased her after she laid a sack a few years ago for $500. Maybe a little high priced compared to now but back then they were rare in the hobby.
But lot of spiders in the us cost so much more than here in the uk. Some of the differences are crazy. Paid £40 for mine, altough the website priced it wrong. Its at 140 now, so was quite lucky

Latest posts