• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any tips

adz07

3 Year Member
I have a mature male and female g.rosea and just want tips and how to go about breeding them if I decide to do it

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
- First feed the female well,to up the chances of her not eating him.
- ensure the enclosure is large enough for the breeding to happen within the set area.
- make sure the male has made a sperm web(if possible)
- have a paint brush and or blocking item,so if the female decides otherwise you could save the male from being eaten.
- introduce the male to her enclosure,he will either tap or do a similar gesture she will respond by shaking(if I'm allowed to describe it that way) in response to show she accepts him etc.
- A catch cup,or container after separating the male from female to reintroduce the male back to its enclosure.
- if it was a possible successful mating, make sure you try and feed her until she doesn't eat anymore.
- if the female does drop an egg sack,know that the less the disturbance is more the chance of a successful sack. Also,do not feed her after the egg sack has been made. You could leave the sack with the female,or take it away from 30-40 days(some do it earlier) after the sack was made.

These are suggestions,not rules just my opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts