• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

any tips on how to keep humidity up ?????

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
More ventilation drops humidity and dries out substrate quickly,I would look at adding a good water dish appropriate to your T's size. If you can get some live moss,there's a certain one they use that will also help. I will look for the name,I only use a water dish and limit airholes in my enclosures.

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
Yes, the sphagnum moss works great but not all tarantulas like it. Some of mine even refuse to touch it, especially some of my burrowers. If they're arboreal then it would work out, all of mine have sphagnum moss. My terrestrials don't. They can't dig in it. Even if you add a layer of moss and top it off with substrate, make it a small layer of moss. I ran out of substrate, and my car died recently. I had an emergency enclosure cleaning and had to use sphagnum moss for my b.smithi, and she has not come down from the corner since.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello
Nice share Katie,but from what I've seen no two same specimens always act the same. I would suggest it being tried,and see the outcome since its a good way for pushing up humidity. Same with the lesser air vents, that might help. I believe in a strict rule of,try everything keep the best.

Latest posts