• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any info on Holothele Sericea

AndrewClayton

Just placed and order for an OBT (RCF) and Holothele Sericea which I’ve never heard of I know there a dwarf species and there blue that’s about all I can find on them so does anyone here own one or have owned one in the past or are they comparable to other species care wise

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have an H. sericea. I keep it on dry coco fibre. It will burrow and web but is also out and about a lot. Mine eats well, relatively calm and is currently around 1" dls

DSCF0674 (2).JPG

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I was looking at those the other day, they look incredibly blue in the pictures Ive seen. I nearly ordered one but decided not to in the end. Hope it won't end up like the chilensis when I find out later they don't come around very often! :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was looking at those the other day, they look incredibly blue in the pictures Ive seen. I nearly ordered one but decided not to in the end. Hope it won't end up like the chilensis when I find out later they don't come around very often! :)
they come up occasionally but not as rare as the H.Chilensis that's for sure -I saw that spider shop was selling them...my one came from Poland :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That’s where I just ordered it from (thespidershop) was only going on for some tubs and coco fibre too lol just can resist it
be prepared it will be absolutely tiny! :eek: always the way get tempted to buy more... all part of the addiction :D

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
they come up occasionally but not as rare as the H.Chilensis that's for sure -I saw that spider shop was selling them...my one came from Poland :)

It was TSS website I saw them on!! If yours was from Poland would that be spidersworld.eu? If so, do you recommend? They do seem to have loads of species.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine was a juvi when I got it 11 months ago and it has only moulted once in that time I bought it from @Phil who got it in May 2017 as a sling. Going by that I'd say fairly slow growing.
yes slow growing and a dwarf species so never going to be big. In response to the other questions, they are a bit like pearlescent paint, depending on the light they will appear metallic blue or green. I would certainly say to the naked eye it was more blue than green.
I often say on here though, never trust google images and the like as the pictures are often enhanced. The Gallery section, and pictures like @Enn49 has shared are much better reference material. In many of my pics I also do a side by side with and without flash so that you can see what difference artificial light can do.
For example, take a look at my T seledonia below, some of the colours just completely disappear under the flash and/or turn green when they looked blue before. There is a proper word for this but can't remember it off the top of my head....ha ha
20190826_180752.jpg