• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any help identifying the new addition?

Djsiner

3 Year Member
Just picked this lil guy/gal up yesterday and I was told its a Rose Hair... any way to tell for sure EXACTLY what it is???

Attachments

• 20171009_160125.jpg
    20171009_160125.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
  • 20171009_161140.jpg
    20171009_161140.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20171009_153827.jpg
    20171009_153827.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27

Thistles

3 Year Member
Not really at that size. As it grows we might be able to narrow down the kind of "rose hair" you have. There are a bunch of Chilean species that get lumped into that label.

I'd recommend you remove the sponge from the water dish. It's just a breeding ground for bacteria.

Congratulations and welcome!

Djsiner

3 Year Member
Not really at that size. As it grows we might be able to narrow down the kind of "rose hair" you have. There are a bunch of Chilean species that get lumped into that label.

I'd recommend you remove the sponge from the water dish. It's just a breeding ground for bacteria.

Congratulations and welcome!

Cool, I will be posting more pictures as it grows for sure :) as for the sponge... Thanks! and YES it'll be gone tonight!!! Left it in there while I got some other "shallower" (is that even a word lol) water dish but yes definitly coming out! I was wondering about that but figured eh it'll be fine while I get something else ;) just didn't want anything that deep in there but I did want some water in there and figured that would be the safest thing till I replaced it.

Check out what it looked like before I got it home cleaned and rescaped the enclosure :eek::mad:

Attachments

• 20171009_153734.jpg
    20171009_153734.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
  • 20171009_153751.jpg
    20171009_153751.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 15

Thistles

3 Year Member
Oh wow, you gave that kiddo quite an upgrade! nice work! I totally hear you on worrying about the water dish. The sponge is only harmful long term, really. I wouldn't stress much about the spider drowning, but I understand what you were getting at. Good luck with your new baby. :T:

Djsiner

3 Year Member
Oh wow, you gave that kiddo quite an upgrade! nice work! I totally hear you on worrying about the water dish. The sponge is only harmful long term, really. I wouldn't stress much about the spider drowning, but I understand what you were getting at. Good luck with your new baby. :T:

Thanks! ;):)

KezyGLA

3 Year Member
Bit young at the moment to guess accurately. Though it looks like one of the following rose hairs- Grammostola rosea, Grammostola porteri or Grammostola sp. concepcion.

Latest posts