• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any and all advice please!

SpoodLover

3 Year Member
I have a few inquiries that I would love some advice on:

1) I have a G. Rosea sling named Coco, that I've had for about 6 weeks now and s/he hasn't molted. I feed her once a week, two small crickets. Is that normal? Should I feed her more?

2) I'm receiving my second baby in a few weeks and need any advice on care. It's a G. Pulchra sling. I need advice on feeding, housing, substrate, humidity, temperature, and of course, a name

3) What should my next T be??

Thanks everyone!!

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a few inquiries that I would love some advice on:

1) I have a G. Rosea sling named Coco, that I've had for about 6 weeks now and s/he hasn't molted. I feed her once a week, two small crickets. Is that normal? Should I feed her more?

2) I'm receiving my second baby in a few weeks and need any advice on care. It's a G. Pulchra sling. I need advice on feeding, housing, substrate, humidity, temperature, and of course, a name

3) What should my next T be??

Thanks everyone!!
Yeah, my slings aren't eating that much although I do offer it, I'm finding even 1 cricket a week is more than what they'll take atm. It has been a bit cold lately though. Yesterday it was only about 15c/60f near the enclosures all day, today, 6.40pm its 22c/72f. Autumn is a bit too variable here!

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll answer #3.

Since you like terrestrials, I'd suggest any Lasiodora. You stated that you are concerned about appetite. With any member of this genus, growth rate is very good and they always very hungry unless in premolt.

This is my second spider, L klugi. It's an older pic but a goodie.

L Klugi ultimate pic 2.jpg

SpoodLover

3 Year Member
You could also do a pamphometeous as well. Some of those are drop dead gorgeous. There may still be some p sp machala slings for sale in the market place on this forum.

Here's mine.

View attachment 28993 View attachment 28994

Omg! Those are beautiful! I especially like the P Sp Machala I'll have to go look for one in the marketplace. I adore the more colorful ones, especially the purple and pinkish ones. I'm pretty new to this hobby, so I have a whole lot of names and species to learn! Thank you :)

Here's my Coco, I just fed her last night
20180322_134454.jpg
20180322_134528.jpg

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Omg! Those are beautiful! I especially like the P Sp Machala I'll have to go look for one in the marketplace. I adore the more colorful ones, especially the purple and pinkish ones. I'm pretty new to this hobby, so I have a whole lot of names and species to learn! Thank you :)

Here's my Coco, I just fed her last night
View attachment 28998 View attachment 28997
Very nice, and very fat! She could go quite a while on that belly I reckon!

Latest posts