• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Any advice on C. Versicolor breeding?

ta122

Easy peasy. I pair and separate, then re-pair after the male makes a sperm web/recharges.
The female doesn't reject or attack him on the re-pair? Now that I'm typing that, I feel like I've read that they can choose whose sperm to use in the wild, so that sounds like that shouldn't be a problem?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The female doesn't reject or attack him on the re-pair? Now that I'm typing that, I feel like I've read that they can choose whose sperm to use in the wild, so that sounds like that shouldn't be a problem?
I've seen it happen both ways - female accept and female reject on re-pair.

Avicularia female will slap and charge back males when they don't want to be bothered, in my experience. Never had an avic male eaten and have cohabbed for days/weeks on occasion. They usually just hanger out in separate corners of the enclosure - if the male could wander off (to pair with another female) he most probably would.

ta122

I've seen it happen both ways - female accept and female reject on re-pair.

Avicularia female will slap and charge back males when they don't want to be bothered, in my experience. Never had an avic male eaten and have cohabbed for days/weeks on occasion. They usually just hanger out in separate corners of the enclosure - if the male could wander off (to pair with another female) he most probably would.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts