• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

another website

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is another forum that really pissed me of in the past. Since it's a new year, I went back there and I'll give them one more chance, trying to stay positive. Wish me luck.

Perhaps pics of pokies and baboon slings acts as a tranquillizer!!

Wish me luck!!

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I joined in 2014 over there and i haven't seen anything in the way of bashing, constructive criticism that might seem harsh maybe, but bashing no. Well maybe the occasional trolls that slip through, but that is about it. Like TF and another forum i am a part of, i think it is an overall excellent source.

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Ask Jon3800 about bashing

I read through that thread previously. Its been a bit so maybe there is something I don’t remember, but I didn’t think it was that bad. Outside of some people that didn’t like his voice (a pretty dumb thing to get caught up in) I thought it was mostly constructive criticism. If you put out that many videos that have been watched that much I would think you’d be expecting people to pick apart your video resolution and some of your methods. Once again its been a bit so maybe I’m forgeting something.

Thats not to say there isn’t plenty of ridiculousness going on over there. Case in point the thread I mentioned earlier whoch I’m sad to report is now locked (who’d have guessed it).

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't get me started. I was actually considering a copy and paste collage of some discussions there, and trying to get it pinned here. It would have been funny. But too time consuming..I do better just ignoring that site's existence, until I need something from the few smart ones who post there.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Strangely enough, pics of my P Striata sling seems to have pacified them. I don't plan on doing much more then lurking, but you can't stay 100% negative forever.

If I did that, I'm the hater.

There are look but don't touch tarantulas, and maybe some other websites.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That didn't take long!! The thing is that they don't want you to tell the truth.

Here I can say I did this and it led to that, no problem.

On the other one it is like we don't want to know etc.

Anyway, the point is that no one will take my tarantulas or my guns!! I think that succeeding proceed most irritating.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I started on that board. There are some smart ones over there. Kezy and thistles are merely tall trees in a large forest over there. But I almost backed out of the hobby since it was so painful to post a question (Trenor exempted). Until I found TF, it was Jon3800 that saved me: a smart soft spoken guy with a ton of experience and a friendly disposition. Now, I find ALL of my chat information here.
P.S. @Arachnoclown : you are an Arachnogod in my mind :D

Miss Moxie

3 Year Member
Whitelightning777 said:
Space heaters burn down homes and kill hundreds of people each year.

CPSC estimates that portable electric heaters are involved in about 1,100 fires per year, resulting in about 50 deaths, dozens of injuries and millions of dollars in property loss.

https://onsafety.cpsc.gov/blog/2017/01/13/your-space-heater-needs-space/

Anyway, the point is that no one will take my tarantulas or my guns!!

All firearm deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,594
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.5
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Hm...something isn't adding up...

Metalman2004

3 Year Member

CPSC estimates that portable electric heaters are involved in about 1,100 fires per year, resulting in about 50 deaths, dozens of injuries and millions of dollars in property loss.

https://onsafety.cpsc.gov/blog/2017/01/13/your-space-heater-needs-space/

All firearm deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,594
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.5
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

Hm...something isn't adding up...

You and your damn logic... :). They’re still not taking my guns!

Also, you’re back!

Latest posts