• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another newbie in this hobby

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Hi everyone! I'm new to this hobby. I've spent the last year overcoming some serious arachnophobia and have finally reached a point where I'm beginning a tarantula collection. I work a lot of hours, so having pets that I can enjoy without having to worry if I have a long shift is very welcoming. I've very recently picked up what appear to be some of the beginner staples (T. albopilosus, Avicularia avicularia, Grammostola pulchripes, and a T. Vagans) and have been incredibly happy with them. Feeding them, setting up their enclosures, and looking for new stuff to add has been a huge source of stress relief from work. I've lurked the forums for a little bit to get as much information as I could before diving in, but now it's time to pop in and say hello.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
deadpool-hello.gif

Jeef

3 Year Member
Greetings and welcome aboard! I lurked for quite a while before joining myself.

Is your crew slings, juvies/adults or a mixed bag?

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Greetings and welcome aboard! I lurked for quite a while before joining myself.

Is your crew slings, juvies/adults or a mixed bag?
They are all small to largish slings. Nothing large yet. I wanted to get used to having them small and grow into the larger spiders with them as I get more comfortable having tarantulas around. Let's see if I can figure out how to post pics.

JQZVxvc.jpg
Avi, my A. avicularia getting used to her new enclosure.

5hZM3vs.jpg
Ayla, my T. Albo right before getting her into a bigger enclosure.

JeFw0iC.jpg
My little T. vagans, Ruby with the big fat booty.

OLmFjRa.jpg
Teeny tiny Charlie, my Grammostola pulchripes, digging away in her little home.

Hopefully, these pictures post and aren't ridiculously huge. I've got my fingers crossed.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are all small to largish slings. Nothing large yet. I wanted to get used to having them small and grow into the larger spiders with them as I get more comfortable having tarantulas around. Let's see if I can figure out how to post pics.

JQZVxvc.jpg
Avi, my A. avicularia getting used to her new enclosure.

5hZM3vs.jpg
Ayla, my T. Albo right before getting her into a bigger enclosure.

JeFw0iC.jpg
My little T. vagans, Ruby with the big fat booty.

OLmFjRa.jpg
Teeny tiny Charlie, my Grammostola pulchripes, digging away in her little home.

Hopefully, these pictures post and aren't ridiculously huge. I've got my fingers crossed.
You should start a keepers journal for each one of these little guys and document your experience and progress with them. It's also a great way to ask questions about specific setups or species.

Latest posts