• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another jumper :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was outside in the entryway to the building on my cell phone and saw there was a recent hatch of jumping spiders, 5 or 6 of them on the wall and the momma spider up in the corner. So now i have a new baby jumper :D

Pics when i get home and put it in an enclosure. Seems like christmas now lol a new baby jumper and 2 new T coming next week!

Platycryptus californicus we call them the Grey jumping spider here. He's maybe 4mm DLS i'm guessing. Here's a google image pic of an adult. Slings look identical.

images.jpg

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Love these guys. We don't seem to have many this year and the bad storms chased most of my porch spiders away. Post lots of pictures.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was outside in the entryway to the building on my cell phone and saw there was a recent hatch of jumping spiders, 5 or 6 of them on the wall and the momma spider up in the corner. So now i have a new baby jumper :D

Pics when i get home and put it in an enclosure. Seems like christmas now lol a new baby jumper and 2 new T coming next week!

Platycryptus californicus we call them the Grey jumping spider here. He's maybe 4mm DLS i'm guessing. Here's a google image pic of an adult. Slings look identical.

View attachment 18438
So jealous you can just find these literally on your doorstep. The jumpers in the UK are tiny. I did catch one and put it in an enclosure but it escaped

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Check under the bed?
Ha ha.....that is Sooooo funny I am still smiling like an idiot at that one. ☺I think if it was hiding under the bed, Genie would have had it for a midnight snack when she decided to go sleep walking. Love that comment hun, thanks for making my night. X

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ha ha.....that is Sooooo funny I am still smiling like an idiot at that one. ☺I think if it was hiding under the bed, Genie would have had it for a midnight snack when she decided to go sleep walking. Love that comment hun, thanks for making my night. X
That's what friends are for hun :p

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
These are only about 8 mm long full grown. they're tiny. I let the one out i caught, he wasn't eating the pinhead roaches and i didn't feel like forcing him to starve and then eat them. So he got let out in the back yard. Then 2 days later i saw, what i think was him, on my bedroom wall again lol. But by the time i got a catch cup he had disappeared. Guess he likes it inside but knew what i was gonna do again :D

My son's jumper like this is still sitting on her egg sack. I put a pinhead in there yesterday for her but forgot to check this morning to see if she ate or not. Also lightly mist the web covering at one end of the sack so she can drink. Just waiting for these to hatch and i'll go release them out back behind the rear parking area in the trees and bushes where they should be able to find decent food :)

I'd go set the enclosure they're in out there now but i want to see them hatch :D

I'm also wondering if these guys have killed off the P. audax that we usually have. I've only seen the one i caught a back in May around here. Usually see a bunch of those also.