• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another bunch rehoused

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For once I had no attempted escapes, everyone behaved beautifully.

I started by moving Tinto, a Brachypelma albopilosum, into a 12"x10"x10" terrarium and I'm hoping she'll have a long and happy life in there.
DSCF4396.JPG

Next was the one I was dreading. Ratta, my Thrigmopoeus truculentus, is fast and had filled its home with web. I began by removing the lid as you do and to my surprise everything lifted out too, plant, water bowl and cork bark but T and substrate stayed making it easier to catch the T. You can just see Ratta between the plant and the cork.
DSCF4397.JPG

Phormingochilus sp. Rufus, Ayu, has been reclusive and all I'd see was a flash of movement so it was good to get a decent pic.
DSCF4400.JPG

Omothymus violaceopes, Kallang. There have been times I feared this one had died, not seen it for many, many months but food vanished and there were signs of some slight rearrangements to tunnels so today it was great to see Kallang.
DSCF4404 (2).JPG

Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati, Sula, is another I haven't seen for months, just a butt occasionally.
DSCF4409 (2).JPG

Uvita, the Sphaerobothria hoffmanni is one I see a lot of, always skittering around its tunnels
DSCF4413 (2).JPG

Orphnaecus sp. Blue Quezon, Pasig, is another that I never see and at one point thought it must have died until a moult appeared on the surface.
DSCF4415 (2).JPG

The last one for today was little Toro, my Stichoplastoris asterix who wasn't so much in need of a larger home but had managed to get its cork bark right to the bottom of its vial and had barely any room left in its burrow.
DSCF4416 (3).JPG

Latest posts