• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Amazonian Pinktoe- Avicularia juruensis- Peruvian locality

Seekeroftruth

Amazonian Pinktoe- Avicularia juruensis- Peruvian locality

I can not find any adult photos of this T. I don't know what this morphtype looks like. Does anyone have a description of what it looks like or have a photo of an adult?

Seekeroftruth

"... These Peruvian juruensis appear to me as the 'tan' or 'brown' color forms. They are dimorphic with mature males being a darker blue/black and females developing the softer earth tones. These are field collected sub-adults...

...I'll attach a photo of an adult female owned by a colleague who obtained a large number of the spiders in the import for a pharmaceutical research project into the antifungal peptide properties (juruin) contained in the venom of A. juruensis. Like all field collected Avicularia there is significant variability in individual specimens, but this is pretty typical of the 'tan' color form..."

I just received this. If anyone has had one of these or has any information on this, I would love to know it. :)

Attachments

• Adult-female-Avicularia-juruensis-Theraphosidae-Mygalomorphae-Photo-Ayroza-G.jpg
    Adult-female-Avicularia-juruensis-Theraphosidae-Mygalomorphae-Photo-Ayroza-G.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 20