• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

aged rosy.

timpacheco

3 Year Member
Hello everyone, new to the forum and was wondering if any body can help me figure out my t's age. I got my rose hair 24 years ago & I believe she was nearly full grown . she was molting about 2 times a year when I first got her. Lucky to say I still own this beauty. She has molted in 2 year spans the last 3 molts, can any one help me figure her age & estimated lifespan.appreciate any help. Thank You.

lazorkat

3 Year Member
hi there ,, i own a chilean rose hair from what i know your Rose hair has surpassed the avrage life span of the species so i would say that she was around two years when you got her .. you must have gave her a great life and made her happy to enjoy her for as long as you have

timpacheco

3 Year Member
hi there ,, i own a chilean rose hair from what i know your Rose hair has surpassed the avrage life span of the species so i would say that she was around two years when you got her .. you must have gave her a great life and made her happy to enjoy her for as long as you have
Thank you very much . I know I will cherish the remaining time I have left with her.she truly is living proof of the endurance & bonding that anyone can have with their pet tarantula.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well said, I think sometimes we forget why we started or where we started. Its things like these that pull us back to earth, I hope to enjoy my tarantulas as long as possible. From my docile ones, to my most arrogant ones haha. Hope you have much more time to spend with her, have fun 100%.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My oldest Rosie is 28 years old, I was given her by someone who had from a sling. She has changed colour and doesn't moult so often but eats well and quite active ( for a t ) I've read different things on expected life spans , just enjoy being with mine, will be very sad when she goes .

timpacheco

3 Year Member
My oldest Rosie is 28 years old, I was given her by someone who had from a sling. She has changed colour and doesn't moult so often but eats well and quite active ( for a t ) I've read different things on expected life spans , just enjoy being with mine, will be very sad when she goes .
Well that's encouraging, do you happen to know of any records on file of the longest living Rosie or any other tarantula species. any websites w/ info?

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantulas may live for years; most species take two to five years to reach adulthood, but some species may take up to ten years to reach full maturity. Upon reaching adulthood, males typically have but a 1 to 1.5 year period left to live and will immediately go in search of a female with which to mate. Male tarantulas rarely moult again once they reach adulthood. The oldest spider, according toGuinness World Records, lived to be 49 years old.
Thought id paste that, goes to show anything is possible.

timpacheco

3 Year Member
Tarantulas may live for years; most species take two to five years to reach adulthood, but some species may take up to ten years to reach full maturity. Upon reaching adulthood, males typically have but a 1 to 1.5 year period left to live and will immediately go in search of a female with which to mate. Male tarantulas rarely moult again once they reach adulthood. The oldest spider, according toGuinness World Records, lived to be 49 years old.
Thought id paste that, goes to show anything is possible.
Wow! You really know your T's - Thanks for all the help & info.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't think anyone knows for sure but i've read that female rosies go into there 30s and on another site I read they can go into there 40 s. All we can do is look after them the best we can and hope we are lucky :)

Last edited: