• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice?

newtots

3 Year Member
I have someone wanting some of my tarantulas but the labels somehow got mixed up. I need to tell the difference between a Eupalaestrus Campestratus and a brachypelma smithi. Both are 1/4 inch ... There really isn't much difference between them. One just has more black on the abdomen

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    765.9 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    754.8 KB · Views: 26

Meludox

3 Year Member
While there is virtually no way of telling them apart, I would only guess that the picture of the first sling is the Eupalaestrus campestratus, and the second is the smithi. E. campestratus slings are usually fuzzier than B. smithi's at that size.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have someone wanting some of my tarantulas but the labels somehow got mixed up. I need to tell the difference between a Eupalaestrus Campestratus and a brachypelma smithi. Both are 1/4 inch ... There really isn't much difference between them. One just has more black on the abdomen
Is your friend taking both or do you need to separate to give them one or the other? If they are taking both then you can identify later for them when a bit bigger. I would not like to guess at that size so if you need to separate, then I am sorry, I am no use. ...lol