• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice please

Ineesha

3 Year Member
New to tarantula care. I gave it a large cricket that it has no interest in in over 24 hours. The stupid cricket went into the log with the curly hair and neither will come out. I don't know if the tarantula is getting ready to molt or if it is just not hungry. I can take the half log out but would that stress out the tarantula? I heard that a tarantula can be killed by a cricket if it is molting. I can see into the log with a flashlight because it is pushed up against the glass in the tank. Please advise?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yup agree with mass on this one. if u can see the cricket. get it if not dont mess with the hide. Tarantulas will sometimes kill and intruder before it molts too....they know how to be a spider pretty well. :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yup agree with mass on this one. if u can see the cricket. get it if not dont mess with the hide. Tarantulas will sometimes kill and intruder before it molts too....they know how to be a spider pretty well. :)
Yep Savage does this savagely ;). My A. Geniculata. That's how we know premolt has started - there's a dead roach uneaten and he's started to burrow

Latest posts