• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Clementine

I've never posted on any forum before, and have no idea if I'm doing this right? But if so, hi :]

I just got my first ever spiderling, a little Tliltocatl albopilosus and have a probably silly question, but I cant seen to find anything elsewhere.

A few days ago when I went to spray her moss, I noticed she started webbing the entrance of her hidy-hole and filling it with substrate. Now its completely blocked off, and I'm wondering if this is a sign that she's molting? Today is her feeding day, and I dont want to put anything in there if she's molting.

So I guess my question is, is this a sign of molting and should I try to feed her? Ty sm!
20221101_205312.jpg

Photo for reference

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Tliltocatl albopilosus are known for being great diggers as slings and will often open big caverns at the bottom of their containers. They are more often than not visible through the sides so you should be able to watch their antics down below.
I'd feed weekly but remove the food if it's not eaten in 24 hours, your T will come out for food if it's hungry..

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
Probably going into premolt, so definately do not disturb her. If I am doubt and still want to feed, I always pre-kill and remove the next day if it's still there. Then for sure I know that no harm will come to my Ts. Slings will scavange and don't necessarily need live prey if they are still very small.

I know it can be a little nerve-racking not seeing your sling for awhile, but don't disturb her. Be patient... I kmow, waiting IS the hardest part! :T:

Latest posts