• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice on silenus scorplings please :)

x_raphael_xx

So my girl Xena had her babies last month (born 16th sept). Last night they were all off her back so I seperated them and we have 14 :) but now I have a few questions...

1) When will they be ready to send off to new homes? I probably want to get them to their next molt at least, and make sure they are eating etc okay. Is this still too early? Or about right?
2) I assume mum was WC, but I have no confirmation either way. Would these babies be labled as WC or CB as they were birthed and raised in captivity?
3) How easy is it to sex this young? Are the pectines developed/different enough at this age to sex, or does the difference show more as they grow?
4) Whats the feelings in the community of breeding sibling scorps? Big no-no? Perfectly fine?
I'd like to keep a couple back, and if possible keep a pair. I've heard in the snake community, breeding siblings is not frowned upon at least for a generation or two, but I'd rather keep to the communities 'rules' and not breed if people say no.

Thankees for any responses!

x_raphael_xx

The babbies :)
4F78C6C6-701B-4350-BC7D-1BFF0DEA292B.jpeg

CEE5EA06-67C0-4000-9A12-02B4F31D74CB.jpeg