• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Adult lasiodora parahybana ?

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have a LP about 4" atm. I have some ideas for a adult home for it and even have a 20g long tank I cant figure out something else. For those who have adult LPs what are you useing? Or of you are in the same situation as myself and raising your own?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I bought my 2 LPs purpose built terrariums, they are 24" long x12" deep x10" high and front opening.
Mole in the top one is an MM of 7" dls, while Pip in the bottom is female and around 6" dls.

DSCF1889.JPG

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
Thank you! Those Jamies enclousers are nice but super pricey. I have one of the normal large ones for my c.versicolor
They are very pricey. I bought several of the large ones when I was new and just bought an XL one on Craigslist for $70. I like the display look of them. I only plan on having maybe 20 Ts so I can fit them all on 2 shelving units

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are very pricey. I bought several of the large ones when I was new and just bought an XL one on Craigslist for $70. I like the display look of them. I only plan on having maybe 20 Ts so I can fit them all on 2 shelving units
I may get a few more for certain Ts and probably a xl for my LP. But if i can figure out something as good for less ill do that

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
I may get a few more for certain Ts and probably a xl for my LP. But if i can figure out something as good for less ill do that
I wish she had a specialized enclosure for fossorials. I even asked if she can offset the ventilation holes an inch or 2 higher so I can get another inch of sub in there. She gets them made in bulk so she would need a bulk-sized order to do that. Oh well.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have my L Klugi and my smaller scorpion in 2 of these enclosures. The professional series is what you want. They are reasonable in terms of price and the repti-lock system will give you peace of mind.

It's rated for venomous animals. I got my first enclosure at repticon when I got my first invert.

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/terra-blue.html

I'm sure you can find whatever size you want.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have my L Klugi and my smaller scorpion in 2 of these enclosures. The professional series is what you want. They are reasonable in terms of price and the repti-lock system will give you peace of mind.

It's rated for venomous animals. I got my first enclosure at repticon when I got my first invert.

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/terra-blue.html

I'm sure you can find whatever size you want.
How big is you Klugi? My only concern with mesh is bigger Ts and chew through them. I have a 10gal like that my friend trash scored for me well two of them. But my knee went accidently went through one of them and I got a gnarly gash on my leg. But anyway i thought about using it for one of my Ts. I suppose i can always use plexiglass with holes drilled out in it as a replacement for the screen. Thank you for the link

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Scorp badass3a.jpg
The L Klugi is a juvenile. There's no way that enclosure will work for an adult that might be anywhere from 7"-10"!!

I'd estimate its size at about 2"-2.5".

I just love the professional series of enclosures!!

The screen positively locks into place with the repti-lock and it's very sturdy. My juvenile has burrowed to the bottom and hasn't even once walked onto the screen.

The screen is supposed to be snake proof, lizard proof etc. Some of those monitors have knarley claws!! I would like to think that a T couldn't get out. My Malaysian Forest Scorpion has very powerful pinchers. She hasn't even tried to break through.

I'll put a pic of the scorp here to assuage any concerns about that.

They also make a 12x24x6 which is probably wide enough but might be too low. With an inch or two of substrate, you only have 4 inches left. I'm speculating, but if they flip on their back to molt, they might need more vertical height then that might allow.

Last edited:

TheVez2

3 Year Member
My 8” female is in a 10gallon. She spends all her time in her burrow and doesn’t need any extra room above the surface. She produced her first sac last year in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
L klugi Justina molt 12-28-17_2.jpg
Cool. Mine doesn't burrow anymore. (L Klugi) She lays around on frog moss all day. She's about 5" now. I'm not sure what the adult size is, maybe 7" or 8"?

Was she burrowing for the sac or just in general?

Latest posts