• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting strange

Dusty1

3 Year Member
Over the past couple of days my Desert Blonde keeps putting herself pushed into the corner of the terrarium for a few hours at time, see attached photos, does anyone have any idea if this is a normal behaviour or what shes up to?

Attachments

• 2B25C933-C4C2-4BD5-B531-19E09CD46AAD.jpeg
    2B25C933-C4C2-4BD5-B531-19E09CD46AAD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 7C8E7560-20E7-4454-BADF-235D79C64484.jpeg
    7C8E7560-20E7-4454-BADF-235D79C64484.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 17

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought A chalcodes was more of a burrower. What else is in its enclosure? What's the temp in there?

Dusty1

3 Year Member
I thought A chalcodes was more of a burrower. What else is in its enclosure? What's the temp in there?
Room temp between 20 and 22 degrees, there’s a cork bark with a shallow burrow I started so has somewhere to hide and a rock as well, usually stands out in top of the cork bark or around the back of it but has just started doing this

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Over the past couple of days my Desert Blonde keeps putting herself pushed into the corner of the terrarium for a few hours at time, see attached photos, does anyone have any idea if this is a normal behaviour or what shes up to?
Hi
Mine does that too.When they lift their but like that is a sign of stress (trying to look bigger)Have you noticed if she do it when there is disturbance near the enclosure.Keep it on dry substrate with waterdish and add more substrate and slope it towards the back as she might want to burrow in future and you will be fine.Mine is out and about all the time for now and havent eaten since August last year
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts