• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acanthoscurria geniculata

Pants__cat

3 Year Member
I'm toying with the idea of getting a second T and I'm leaning towards an Acanthoscurria geniculata I was just wondering what prices look like for these guys and if anyone has one available (any size)

Also how handleable are they typically?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For a sling they usually run $20-30 depending on size/vendor. Juvies will run you anywhere between $50-100 depending on size and sex. If you want a sub adult to and adult female they typically run $150-200. I wouldn't recommend handling them. Acanthoscurria can be a bit skittish but mine were never really "aggressive". They'd rather throw their hair than to bare fangs.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm going to go out on a limb here and be really honest. Had I gotten my genic first, it's highly doubtful I'd have forty T's now. She's everything I was looking for. I adore my big ol' girl <3
She's always visible, so very beautiful, never refuses a meal, isn't the least skittish and generally active enough to be interesting.
I adore my Mahtava!

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How can you not love this face :)
Those beefy fat chelicera! I adore this species!
IMG_2647.JPG

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm toying with the idea of getting a second T and I'm leaning towards an Acanthoscurria geniculata I was just wondering what prices look like for these guys and if anyone has one available (any size)

Also how handleable are they typically?
I think you can see from the posts so far that a genic is a MUST HAVE. I have a large female that is nearly 8 inches and she is my fave T out of 75 , hands down (she is on my avatar). @Kymura, @Shampain and @Enn49 to some extent a bit new to the "genic appreciation society" but as you can see, already firm favourites. The prices from @Casey K. for US stock I cannot comment on but in UK and Europe, they are very cheap. slings only a few pounds and an adult female can easily be bought for £20 to £30 which IMHO is an absolute steal for he's big impressive spiders. they are simply stunning and I would highly recommend for your next addition.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can you not smuggle them back to the US n a suitcase? lmao.
That is possible but I don't think I have the "jewels" to pull that one off.....I'd rather take a chance importing via mail but that would defeat the purpose of going to Europe altogether....to see my dear friend @Shampain. Lol.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'll send myself in a suitcase to America but you'll have to give me a hide and a water dish, mist me everyday! :D
The hide and the water dish I can do....as far as "misting" goes, I will leave that to a pm, lol....

Andrea

3 Year Member
I have a geni for sale! I have to agree with everyone... they are great! Always visible, hearty eaters, and a must have! The one I have for sale is about an inch, "he" never kicks hairs, eats EVERYTHING, is always out, and is already showing some beautiful bands! If you're interested, let me know!
Meatwad.JPG

Latest posts