1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. Absolutely outraged- avoid 'Scotland Exotic Arachnids'

Discussion in 'Tarantula and Invert Vendor Reviews' started by tarantulatom, Jan 23, 2019.

1. tarantulatom

tarantulatom Member

Hi guys,
    I recently bought what I thought was a Brachypelma Hamorii for my grandchild's birthday. I specified a mature female. I was showed pictures of the spider before buying and I could identify it was indeed a mature female. Long story short, I was not sent the mature female I ordered. I sat with my grandson Jack, ready to show him his amazing new pet. I opened it and what I got was not what I ordered. I was sent a DoA mature male. My grandson burst into tears. I don't know if they were even a legitimate seller, because when I went on the computer to email them and request a new specimen, the website was completely gone. I suspect it was a scam website. Absolutely disgusted. If this seller returns, I will demand information and a new specimen. I ended up gifting my grandson two tarantulas from my breeding group, which he is delighted with.
    Kind regards,
    Tom
    Dave Jay likes this.
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member Premium Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

I'm so sorry for both you and your grandson, that must have been horrible for him.
    I'll be honest I've never heard of Scotland Exotic Arachnids but I will transfer this thread to our Tarantula and Invert Vendor Reviews so it easy to find.
    Dave Jay likes this.
  3. tarantulatom

tarantulatom Member

Thank you for your condolences and the correction.
    WolfSpider and Dave Jay like this.
  4. Major 78

Major 78 Well-Known Member

Most trust worthy, best priced, best reviewed seller in the UK has ought to be @Phil , he just updated his stock, you should get something from him! Same goes for @LC72uk
  5. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member Premium Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

If you paid by PayPal you could get your money back through them.
  6. tarantulatom

tarantulatom Member

I will have a look. Thanks.
    Dave Jay likes this.