• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a. versicolor sling

cameron137

3 Year Member
I got my first t. A bit more than a week ago. I have him in a deli cup that's too big for him because its all I could do for a while. But I have a sling enclosure from jamies tarantulas on the way and it has some nice cork bark and plastic leaves. All I have for him is a stick and a fake leaf and he's not doing anything. I feel bad for making him swith enclosures so soon, but its way to big and doesn't have enough stuff to web on. I've been doing my research for the last month and Im confident in care for him, but he was still an impulse buy because I saw the exact sling I wanted at a local pet store.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I've got two myself and I'm worrying about them too. They have started to make little wispy webs, but one of them has made a hammock closer to the bottom. They're both eating and I've even seen one drinking from his water dish. The water is always full, I have two fake plants and cork bark for anchor points and lots of ventilation. Still, I am worrying about them.
I haven't had that many spiderlings, I usually always buy adults, and these are my first arboreals too.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've got two myself and I'm worrying about them too. They have started to make little wispy webs, but one of them has made a hammock closer to the bottom. They're both eating and I've even seen one drinking from his water dish. The water is always full, I have two fake plants and cork bark for anchor points and lots of ventilation. Still, I am worrying about them.
I haven't had that many spiderlings, I usually always buy adults, and these are my first arboreals too.
Everything sounds ok to me, at least based on that description.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

I have 2 Avic slings, the versicolor has a web tube from top to bottom in her enclosure, near the corner, with a leg along the bottom and a branch near the middle going out, kind of like an L and Y combined. Her pet roach hangs out under the bottom of the tunnel in the small gap between it and the substrate.

The sp. Peru Purple is acrophobic and her web tunnel runs from corner to corner on the substrate. She makes up for her fear of heights by being a very viscous eater ;)