• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. seemani

splank3256

I have one I got from a pet store over a month ago. It is always out. At first it was in its hide a lot but after about two weeks it's always running around like it's the king of its enclosure. I am trying to figure out about how old mine is. It's about 3-3 1/2". Any feedback would be appreciated. It is my first T as I am new to the hobby.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hard to say how old it is, alot of different scenarios can take place. I can tell you my seemanni that I've had from 2nd instars were about 4 years old at that size.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Age is not very relevant, but growth rate is.

Example: I have two Homoeomma orellanai slings that I bought In 2016 and to this day those two slings are around 1/2" DLS even at, I would say just shy of 4 years old (they had molted one more time before I got them and they molt every six months to a year).

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting. He or she is still in molt. It's been two weeks. I know this can take a month so I'm not to worried.
They can remain in premolt for much longer. I have a B. albopilosum......oh sorry, I mean T. albopilosum that has been looking very close to molting for going on two years.

splank3256

They can remain in premolt for much longer. I have a B. albopilosum......oh sorry, I mean T. albopilosum that has been looking very close to molting for going on two years.

Holy macaroni. This seems like it can be a stressful hobby. Jazz is what I named it. Jazz buried itself in its enclosure so I hope it doesn't stay in there for two years haha.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Holy macaroni. This seems like it can be a stressful hobby. Jazz is what I named it. Jazz buried itself in its enclosure so I hope it doesn't stay in there for two years haha.
Stressful, not really, but patience is necessary