• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A much needed explanation

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hey everyone. I don't normally do these sorts of things on discussion boards, but since I was so invested in this community at one point, I feel I do owe you all at least a brief explanation for my seemingly random and rather abrupt departure from these forums. I'm not gonna go too in-depth, but basically I have been going through a lot these past several months, lots of changes, both good and bad but for a while I started to feel rather burned out when it comes to this hobby, and even when discussing the fact that I keep tarantulas with others, I have found it more difficult to be as enthusiastic about it as I once was. Also between work and going to college to get my degree in radiography, as well as a bunch of personal drama that I will spare you all, I have just not had the proper time to dedicate to my collection. So I ended up selling basically my entire collection of tarantulas except for a few. Just recently I have begun to feel a bit of renewed interest in this hobby, however I'm not sure it'll be anything close to what it was before. I'm still exploring new hobbies, including new types of exotics that I'd be interested in getting into, so you may be seeing a bit more of me now. Regardless, I just thought it would be good to let everyone know that I have simply been taking a bit of a hiatus, but its unlikely that'll be permanent.