• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A lil help?

nickdavies632

Hi guys!

Right I have my new Tarantula, I'm very nervous with them as I've never been one for spiders but I'm determined to change that. I have them in small stackable tubs (ones they came with) but I want to get them nicer enclosures. I've never been one for keeping animals in tubs as I personally prefer the look of vivariums and such.

I am unsure if I should save up for the more expensive enclosure or upgrade them for the time being. Sorry if this is trivial just genuinely curious. The T's are fine as they are of course. I'm just being picky.

Sorry and thank you in advance x

I have 4 females
Pterinopelma sazimai
Tliltocatl albopilosus
Aphonopelma seemanni (I think)
Acanthoscurria geniculata

Attachments

• 20220321_110231.jpg
    20220321_110231.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
  • 16478847343716805643514411199957.jpg
    16478847343716805643514411199957.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 13

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello Nick,
It is really up to you but experience taught me that it is better to wait for your T to reach its adult size before investing in an expensive final enclosure ;)
Cheers.

Nurse Ratchet

I think the bins you have them in are absolutely fine. Pretty isn't always better (but I sure do love pretty). Hobby Lobby basket ball acrylic display containers are back on sale (10x10x10 inch for $17 and some change) if you want to pick up something not too terribly expensive to play around with.
I have a few name brand glass enclosures, but I also have deli cups, Tupperware, a cheese ball container, candy container, and milk bone container in use.
None of my T's seem to care one way or the other.

Cor

Tarantula Club Member
Just to echo what’s been said, as long as the enclosures that are used are sized and ventilated appropriately, it’s more than fine. It’s something that you don’t need to do all at once. You can always slowly pick up each of the final enclosures as you are able and as they’re available. If you’re able to find a reptile or invert show close to you, you may be able to pick up some quality enclosures as a little lower cost.