• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few rehoused today

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All 4 had webbed profusely, all lived in a maze of tunnels and all are pretty fast so I thought I may have some fun.4

First up was Ratta, the Thrigmopoeus truculentus, who made things easy. I lifted out the web and plant and Ratta came too calmly walking out of the old webbing into its new home.
DSCF9422.JPG

Next came Han, a Chilobrachys sp. Blue Vietnam, who made a small bid for freedom but was easily caught and cupped but elected to stay on the paper for long enough to grab a photo before it too walked into its new home
DSCF9423.JPG

DSCF9424.JPG

Now came the fun. Saan, my Ceratogyrus darlingii, was not going to be disturbed and reared up in threat almost falling over backwards in its anger. At the 3rd attempt I managed to coax it into the catch cup but then it didn't want to come out. In the end I left it to make its own way out but then I had to fill its water bowl and it tried to escape again, almost getting a leg trapped when I put the lid back in place.

DSCF9428.JPG

And still not looking happy
DSCF9430 (2).JPG

Lastly was Tahm, the Chilobrachys sp. Kaeng Krachan, who literally jumped from old to new container.
DSCF9425.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ooh! A couple of Chilobrachys.. I love Chilo's, it's just a shame they spend so much time underground out of view.. :)

Both these 2 are out and about most days or were in their old containers, it'll be interesting to see what they do in their new, bigger homes.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Now that mine's a mature male I do see him a lot more than I used to. He was the definition of a pet hole when he was smaller. :D

These 2 are between 1-2", so quite a lot of growing to do yet.