• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few new friends...

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
A little late sharing this but the reptile show was in town this weekend so got to pick up a few more pals. My big female avic had passed away last week so I decided to pick up this girl to fill the empty exo terra that's just sitting around.
_20180410_134152.JPG

She was listed as a A.metallica but I know that's no longer a thing, most Avics look the same to me so but the dealer said A.avicularia morphotype 6? If that rings a bell. Not really a concern what she is but I'd still like to know exactly what I have, other than that, she was priced good and she's a absolute doll, all my avics have been docile but she takes the cake so fare.

Also I have to share the little baby Florida king snake I got as well. I've got a soft spot for colubridaes, especially king snakes, I already have 2 others(cali king and king/corn hybrid) so couldn't pass on this little dude to add to the collection.
_20180410_134107.JPG

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The snake will prove interesting and not get overly large but still impressive.

If memory serves morph type 6=A Metallica.

The powers that be really chopped the Avic genus to ribbons but only God knows why.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Two cuties for sure! I've never kept snakes, only lizards, but if I could keep something other than pythons I would be more tempted.
You must have had a great day!
Not a bad day at all. Snakes are great, I have 8 snakes total, nothing extreme just a few ball pythons I've had since I was a teenager and good assortment of calubridaes. Love lizards too, that's what got me into exotics when I was little and still keep a few these days too.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
The snake will prove interesting and not get overly large but still impressive.

If memory serves morph type 6=A Metallica.

The powers that be really chopped the Avic genus to ribbons but only God knows why.
Thanks for the reassurance, never paid much attention when they reformatted everything in the genus.

As for the snake, should be interesting, they can get pretty girthy for king snakes, hoping this one will grow a little faster than my other kings. Always good eaters but seem way slower growing then my corn and milk snakes.

Latest posts