• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A fairly new tarantula keeper here

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
Hey, everyone my name is Ben and I am pretty new still to the hobby. However, my start began in 2007, when I purchased my first T--a Chilean Rose. A major part of why I bought it was to get over my fear. So, after about month of having her, I decided to try and hold her. Fortunately, there was no issue for her or me. :) I kept her for about three years, but was moving out of state and so I gave her away to a friend, whom I trusted would take good care of her.
I thought I had moved on from tarantulas, but a while ago I watched some videos of some these wonderful creatures and decided to get back into the hobby again. My collection is small--two, but I am wanting to get some more. Currently, I am keeping a juvenile lasiodora parahybana and brachypelma abopilosum. I look forward to meeting some new keepers and gaining new knowledge about these eight-legged wonders!

Last edited:

lasiodora-parahybana1980

3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is extremely nice and have been so helpful to me. I, too, (as a lot of us here) have/had a fear of spiders. I got my first one 2 years ago, by accident. I now have 4, including a B.Albo. I love watching them, I am not a handler! Not that brave!
Yeah, I have feeling that I am won't be stopping at just two T's. I agree with you the handling part, I did when I first got my first T way back in 2007. Personally, I don't feel the need to handle, but my Brachypelma Albpilosum is tempting. :)

Latest posts