• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. diversipes observation

timc

3 Year Member
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted so I'll just get right to it. Last June I got B. albopilosum, B. elimia, G. pulchripes, A. sp. Peru purple and A. diversipes as slings. All are healthy, eating and happy but it just occurred to me the other day the diversipes has molted only once in my care while all the others have molted three, a couple about to hit four. After realizing this I found it pretty ironic that an avic would be molting less frequently and growing less than a Grammy and two brachys. She's on the same feeding schedule and of course gets more water than her peers, being more of a tropical species. I'm not particularly worried as she is plump and active but it is quite perplexing and I was wondering if anyone else has had anything like this happen to them. Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

timc

3 Year Member
Well I'll be damned but that little stinker is molting right now! I guess all I had to do was complain about her to get her to flip over