• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. chalcodes - New family member!

Penny

3 Year Member
I am excited to share that I just got an Aphonopelma chalcodes! It is very active so far and looks like I will be able to handle it (not planning to abuse that of course).

Any recommendations out there?
Achalcodes.jpg

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
What a beaut. Hopefully, a female which can last 20+ years. They are quite handleable, although some are known to flick hairs. Like B. albopilosum they tend to bulldoze their substrate and perform remodeling. Very under-rated T. Congratulations.

Penny

3 Year Member
Nice new addition, wild caught or captive breed??? I've got a wild caught female which is....WILD!!! and a captive male which is a big baby that wants to be held all the time.
Thank you @Arachnoclown!

It is captive breed, but still don't know if its male of female. So far he/she has no problem with me handling it, I just don't want to do it too often 'cause it is so small still.

How old was your female when you got her? How interesting to see the different personalities!

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I got her from @Dustin Amack Just after Christmas...shes about 5" right now. She's really feisty. She walks up to me like she's curious but does alot of fang movement ...which is a major turn off in my book. ;) Maybe she's just begging for food...???View attachment 29371
She sure is gorgeous! I'm with ya, I wouldn't try to hold her either. The male on the other hand seemed to be a gentle giant, he would almost beg to come out oh his enclosure to say hi. I'm so glad these two are with such a great keeper. I look forward to seeing lots of EWLS :)

Latest posts