• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. avic

Rmac88

3 Year Member
The other day, I was in Petco buying some crickets. I strolled past where they keep lizards and snakes and such, and they had the new Petco "deathcubes" for the Ts they are selling. Except when I looked inside, there was a A. avic juvenile, probably 2 1/2 inches dls. I looked at the ventral and could swear I could see a spermatheca. I'm a total newb so probably not, but I can dream [emoji14]

55f80cfa1aa51eac84f7340774f4bcbd.jpg

She (?) was only $19.99, and I'm super tempted to buy her. I went back today and she is still there, and my wife is strangely ok with the prospect. I did want to know if she is big enough to avoid the fragility that Avic slings seem to have? I have an enclosure already, I had actually bought this container before I got my B. albo because I was originally going to buy a P. cambridgei. I know it needs good ventilation on the side, some sort of cork bark for her to climb and attach webbing too and all that good stuff.

fae4ca86704f778494fac533d36a546c.jpg

If she is indeed a female, whats the typical lifespan of an A. avic? I'm prepared for a more skittish spider, but hopefully she won't be insane haha!

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's definitely past the delicate sling stage:) And that enclosure is fine...maybe a little small for my taste but she's still little. Avics are some of the calmest spiders in the hobby. Most of them:) Every spider is an individual..im not sure on the lifespan..

Rmac88

3 Year Member
She's definitely past the delicate sling stage:) And that enclosure is fine...maybe a little small for my taste but she's still little. Avics are some of the calmest spiders in the hobby. Most of them:) Every spider is an individual..im not sure on the lifespan..
Ty Mass! Hopefully she will still be there this friday, convinced my wife since its the weekend before my birthday we should drink a lot and buy a spider...or ten. (Maybe not in that order)

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Latest posts