• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

5 new arrivals on the way

Matthew

3 Year Member
I have 5 new T's on the way. Should arrive tomorrow barring any delays with them being shipped today. I have been busy this past weekend getting ready. I have one more still to drill vent hole in. All this work as kept me from going nuts waiting for them to get here.

IMG_3965.jpg
IMG_3963.jpg
IMG_3966.jpg
IMG_3965.jpgIMG_3963.jpgIMG_3966.jpg

Matthew

3 Year Member
What size critters are your bringing in? Those enclosures look kinda large...

Also, where did you get them, Container Store?
They are slings and will vary in size. Expecting them to be between a half inch and an inch. The enclosures are little larger than the size of the enclosures Fear Not sell in their complete packages with slings. A little longer but about the same width and height. They will work well and be good for several molts before they will need adult size enclosures. the long ones are approx. 4.5wx4.75hx9l and will be filled halfway or more with substrate.

Got them from hobby lobby.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If the slings are as small as half an inch, how big are the drilled holes? Slings can fit through VERY small holes. I learnt the hard way, having once lost a sling through what I thought was a suitably small hole.

Matthew

3 Year Member
If the slings are as small as half an inch, how big are the drilled holes? Slings can fit through VERY small holes. I learnt the hard way, having once lost a sling through what I thought was a suitably small hole.
They are small. It is the same size drillbit I used for my .5" Vagans, Boehmei, and versicolor. The Versicolor actually might have been smaller than a half inch at the time.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I almost backpedaled enclosures on my H. sp. Colombia slings, but since they holed themselves up in their hides on the first night, I figure I'll leave them as is lol

I have a G. pulchripes that is almost too big for it's enclosure but it made itself a subterranean hideaway and stays there so it must be comfortable... I send it water and roaches every few days.

Latest posts