• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

4 weeks gone and my tarantula doesnt want to eat... what is going on?

gabriel_huhn

3 Year Member
Hey guys how you doing... A friend of mine gave me this tarantua, but since it is living with me it doesnt eat anything... it past 4 weeks since it doesnt eat. first 3 weeks it was always in her hole... but a week ago it left its hole and know it is always walking around, it jsut go to her hole when it is going to sleep... Idk if i'm feeding it wrong way... i'm trying to feed the same way i feed my phoneutria but it is not working... Someone know what is going on?

IMG_20140617_123058[1].jpg

IMG_20140617_123318[1].jpg

gabriel_huhn

3 Year Member
Idk my friend found it in the wild.
I'm trying to feed her with those worms in the second pictures.
Idk. I caught it 4 weeks ago and it didnt molt in these weeks.

I know that it lost it "hair ass" bcuz my friend caught it wearing gloves and it tried to defende itself...

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Try crickets or roaches as food. Or something similar, grasshoppers, katydids, moths. Sometimes tarantulas can go for long periods without food for various reasons. It could be in pre-molt, it could be a mature male looking for a mate, or a number of other things. Just make sure you provide a shallow water dish. Good luck.

gabriel_huhn

3 Year Member
provide water this way?

i'll buy some bigger worm to check if she eat it... what is that white thing in the glass(first picture)?

Attachments

• IMG_20140617_205036[1].jpg
    IMG_20140617_205036[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26