• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 spiderlings arrived today!

meridannight

So, today I received Pseudhapalopus sp blue (5mm) and Monocentropus balfouri spiderlings.

Unboxing went very smoothly. The Bluebottle came in a tiny vial which I just placed inside his new home and it didn't take him 20 seconds till he was out of the vial looking up his new surroundings. He was very cautious though, gradually making headway farther and farther out from the vial. (He once ran back in there when I tried to move his enclosure, but was just as soon back out). He found his way to a starter burrow I made for him, and is now sitting in there. The enclosure I got for him may be slightly big, I'll just have to see. If I'm having trouble feeding him, I may have to relocate him to a smaller one.

And balfouri was easy as well. Very calm. He was rolled up in a paper towel and I gently unrolled him and carefully nudged him off the towel with a paintbrush. He was very agreeable. Easily walked into his enclosure. He's already explored it, having made a few circles around the place. Currently he's found his quiet corner and is sitting in there not doing much anything.

Anyway. This was a breeze. Very happy with my new tarantulas. Both seem to be curious animals, and bold.
Here are a few pictures as well:

IMG_20220809_190430.jpg

IMG_20220809_191930.jpg

IMG_20220809_191613.jpg

IMG_20220809_191449.jpg